SERVPRO of Lexington/Thomasville Specializes in Commercial Fire Damage
Commercial fire damage is one of the most devastating crises that a business owner can experience. In addition to doing severe damage to the structure of the building, fires can lead to excessive standing water on the property and mold invasions. For these reasons, business leaders find it challenging to recover once the smoke has cleared.
Learning more about commercial fires and how SERVPRO of Lexington/Thomasville can serve you and your business is the first step toward limiting damages. Below is some information to help you:
Fire Threats – What are Fire Threats? Fire Threats can harm commercial property, leading to burning and fire damage. Some of the Fire Threats include:
- Lightning strikes.
- Electrical fires.
- Blown fuses, overloaded circuits.
- Adjoining business fires.
Preventing Commercial Fire Damage and Strategies You Can Use:
In addition to purchasing business interruption insurance, there are several strategies you can implement to decrease the impact of fire damage on your business. Some of them include the following:
- Avoid the storage of flammable items on site!
- Check your smoke alarms regularly to ensure they are functioning correctly!
- Have your fire extinguishers in accessible areas!
- Implement a fire evacuation plan!
- Turn off all appliances and machinery when no one is on-site!
- Ensure all machinery is in good condition!
- Have all your business files on a backup drive in case of an emergency!
- Necessary paperwork should be kept in a fireproof safe!
- Use a cloud for document backup storage on all your electronic devices!
- Call SERVPRO of Lexington/Thomasville today for any commercial needs!