Critical Steps In Preventing Secondary Water Damage In your Thomasville Home
Water damage is something we all home we never face, but according to propertymanagement.com non-water related water damage is the second-highest category of an insurance claim. The most common culprits for these claims are appliance leaks i.e., dishwasher, washing machine, or refrigerator. So, what do you do to help mitigate the water damage?
- Stop and repair the source of the water loss. Learn where all your water cutoffs are on your appliances and the main water cut-off to your home to help lessen the size of the loss.
- Contact SERVPRO of Lexington Thomasville at (336) 224-2565. With our 24-hour emergency services, we can arrive quickly and begin the extraction process.
- If you can, begin moving or blocking furniture and electronics to get them out of the damaged area. If that is not possible when our technicians arrive, they can start that process.
- Water Extraction. The faster the water is removed the better chance secondary damage such as mold can be prevented. Conversely, the longer water sits, the more damage will be inflicted on your home.
- Don’t rely on touch to see if a surface is dry. Water follows the path of least resistance. This means water will travel between hardwood flooring to be absorbed into drywall and subflooring. So, while the top may appear dry, without proper testing, water could be causing extensive damage to your walls and subfloors.
For water damage in your home or business, trust the experts of SERVPRO of Lexington/Thomasville. Our IICRC certified team is here to help do your water damage “Like it never even happened.” To learn more, give us a call at (336) 224-2565.